“It struck me, as I struggled professionally to find great nonprofits for our magazine to write about, that there needed to be an online “Zagat,” if you will, for nonprofits that would collect stories and reviews of people — people like me, the victims of Katrina, and hundreds of thousands of others — who have seen the impact of nonprofits up close, and can speak personally and firsthand about it.”
- Recognition: Every organization that gathers 10 or more positive reviews during the month of January will make the GreatNonprofits Top-Rated Arts Nonprofits List.
- Community Engagement: Great opportunity for nonprofits and their community members to interact and engage directly.
- First-person stories: Clients, volunteers, donors and others share with the public, in their own words, how this nonprofit serves its community. Nonprofits can use this resource of powerful and authentic stories to engage donors and volunteers.
- Send them an email with the link to your reviews page.
- Post the link on the homepage of your Web site.
- Use your Facebook fan page: post the link and opportunity to review to your Facebook status
- Tweet out the link for your followers to post reviews or retweet our tweets about the campaign (@GreatNonprofits)
Click here to get started today – the campaign deadline is January 31st, 2011. Hopefully, this campaign will serve as another way to help theatres achieve greater recognition for their contributions to their communities – if you participate, let us know how it goes!