We are thrilled to announce the TCG/American Express Leadership Boot Camp. This workshop, developed and led by the Center for Creative Leadership, will take place on March 13-14 at CCL’s Greensboro, NC campus. Fifteen pairs of an established and emerging leader from TCG member theatres will be selected to participate in this workshop, which will foster intergenerational dialogue, explore effective methods of communication, increase participants’ self-awareness for personal and professional growth and align vision with strategy.
During this session, participants will learn to:
- Design strategies for building collaborative alliances and partnerships
- Lead and manage change and its impact on others
- Utilize strategic thinking skills
- Solicit input from diverse sources and perspectives to promote collaboration
- Establish a set of realistic, measurable goals and a plan of action
Each established and emerging leader pair must be employed by the same TCG member theatre and complete a joint application to be considered. Established leader applicants must have been at their current organization as either a managing or artistic leader for a minimum of two years and in an executive level position within the not-for-profit arts sector for a minimum of 10 years. Emerging leader applicants must have been at their current organization for a minimum of one year and must have worked in a full-time professional position within the not-for-profit arts sector for a minimum of two years. “Emerging leader” may also be defined as a senior level staff member who is ready to take the next steps toward becoming an executive leader.
By applying to this program you agree to the following:
- Completing all required pre-workshop assignments including the 360º Assessment
- Participating in the entire workshop (March 13-14, in Greensboro, NC)
- Participating in all follow-up programming— two 1-hour telephone coaching calls per participant with the Center for Creative Leadership to leverage the impact of the training experience, as well as a 1/2 day Pre-Conference workshop from 9am-1pm on June 21 with CCL trainer Richard Walsh at the 2012 Boston National Conference
- Collaborating with TCG on future professional development activities, which may include participation in the TCG Brain Bank, contributing to the Centerpiece series, facilitating a teleconference, etc.
To ensure that participants are equally invested in the process as we are, there is a $300 fee, per participant. For detailed information on what TCG and AMEX are financially covering and what are the participants’ responsibilities, please visit the Schedule and Expenses page.
The application deadline for this program is Friday, January 6. The tentative acceptance notification date is Wednesday, January 18.
We are truly excited to be partnering with The American Express Foundation and the Center for Creative Leadership to offer this Boot Camp to our members. To apply click here.
Chris Shuff, director of management programs, has overseen TCG’s research efforts, field communications and various professional development programs and events since 1998. Prior to TCG, Mr. Shuff was a consultant to the Saint Thomas Church Concert Series in New York City. He moved to New York from San Francisco, where he spent 13 years working in the not-for-profit performing arts service field. His last position was as director of ticketing services/community relations for Theatre Bay Area. He received his bachelor of arts in international relations from Lake Forest College and studied in the former Yugoslavia at the Filozofski Fakultet in Zagreb, Croatia.