Are you a young professional or student looking to start a career in not-for-profit theatre? Check out past TCG intern testimonials on our website! As the national service organization for the not-for-profit professional theatre, TCG offers services in line with our mission: to strengthen, nurture and promote the not-for-profit American theatre. TCG serves theatre artists and organizations by recognizing and encouraging activism, artistry, diversity and global citizenship. We provide professional development for theatre leaders, research and data analysis for the field and advocacy on the federal level. Additionally, we keep the field informed of trends and changes through American Theatre magazine, maintain a database of theatre job opportunities called ARTSEARCH, and publish play scripts and other books through our award-winning book program. Apply for an internship in the following areas:
- Advocacy, Education and Research
- American Theatre magazine and TCG Books (filled for the summer)
- Communications and Conferences (filled for the summer)
- Graphic Design (filled for the summer)
- International and Artistic Programs
Our internships are generally held in the fall, spring and summer semesters. There is no housing or stipend available, but TCG makes sure to provide other worthwhile benefits and perks. Some of these include:
- interacting with the national theatre community,
- networking opportunities at our field-wide convenings,
- practical experience in a variety of professional disciplines,
- free books, plays, and copies of American Theatre magazine
- and discount ticket offers.
For detailed descriptions of the internships available at TCG, as well as information on how to apply, please visit our website.
Laurie Baskin is TCG’s Director of Research, Policy & Collective Action.
Alissa Moore is TCG’s Education, Research & Collective Action Associate.