We are excited to introduce the inaugural list of the year’s Top 25 Best-Selling Books published by the TCG Books program. Much in the same vein as the widely-anticipated American Theatre’s Top 10 Most-Produced Plays and the new American Theatre’s Top 20 Most-Produced Playwrights lists released annually in October, TCG is now happy to present the most-frequently purchased print and electronic copies of these books over the course of 2014.
“The Top 25 Best-Selling Books list reveals the diversity of our publications, with perennial best-selling plays like Angels in America and Topdog/Underdog joined by training favorites like The Viewpoints Book, as well as new hits like the recent Pulitzer Prize-winning titles The Flick and Water by the Spoonful,” said Teresa Eyring, executive director of TCG. “We hope this list will spark conversation and prove a useful guide to educators, theatre-lovers and play-readers everywhere.”
The 2014 Top 25 Best-Selling Books Published by TCG:
- August: Osage County by Tracy Letts
- Angels in America: A Gay Fantasia on National Themes by Tony Kushner
- Doubt by John Patrick Shanley
- The Flick by Annie Baker
- Into the Woods by Stephen Sondheim and James Lapine
- Topdog/Underdog by Suzan-Lori Parks
- Water by the Spoonful by Quiara Alegría Hudes
- The Actor and the Target by Declan Donnellan
- The Viewpoints Book by Anne Bogart and Tina Landau
- Next to Normal by Tom Kitt and Brian Yorkey
- Ruined by Lynn Nottage
- Outside Mullingar by John Patrick Shanley
- In the Next Room (or the vibrator play) by Sarah Ruhl
- A Tempest by Aime Cesaire
- Love and Information by Caryl Churchill
- Spring Awakening by Duncan Sheik and Steven Sater
- The Vermont Plays by Annie Baker
- Theatre of the Oppressed by Augusto Boal
- Cloud 9 by Caryl Churchill
- The Clean House and Other Plays by Sarah Ruhl
- Gem of the Ocean by August Wilson
- Once by Enda Walsh, Glen Hansard & Markéta Irglová
- Venus by Suzan-Lori Parks
- Radio Golf by August Wilson
- Dead Man’s Cell Phone by Sarah Ruhl
Learn more about TCG Books here: http://www.tcg.org/publications/books/index.cfm.
Read American Theatre’s Top 10 Most-Produced Plays list: http://americantheatre.org/2014/09/top-10-plays-2014-2015/.
Read American Theatre’s Top 20 Most-Produced Playwrights: http://americantheatre.org/2014/09/top-20-most-produced-playwrights-2014-2015/.